Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delete Emoji

My kids all have iPhones and would like to delete the middle finger emoji. They don't want to accidentally somehow use that emoji and offend an adult. How can you delete just one emoji?

iPhone 6, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 23, 2015 12:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2016 9:37 AM

I find several new emoji options completely offensive and absolutely inappropriate for children (which a very large base of users are children). It is not fair that my children cannot use the emoji keyboard at all simply because you guys choose to adopt a profane and child UNfriendly keyboard. My kids (and all of their friends) love using the emoji's in conversation with each other. Please remove the middle finger option, give us the option to remove it or make a child friendly one.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2016 9:37 AM in response to JaxFLBear

I find several new emoji options completely offensive and absolutely inappropriate for children (which a very large base of users are children). It is not fair that my children cannot use the emoji keyboard at all simply because you guys choose to adopt a profane and child UNfriendly keyboard. My kids (and all of their friends) love using the emoji's in conversation with each other. Please remove the middle finger option, give us the option to remove it or make a child friendly one.

Jun 14, 2016 9:49 AM in response to m_litt

) Emoji are created by the Unicode Consortium, not Apple. 2) Apple is not reading here. Use the feedback page to let Apple know how you feel:

http://www.apple.com/feedback

Meanwhile, it's a great teaching opportunity. Just because that emoji is there doesn't mean they have to use it. I've known most of the usual (and quite a few of the unusual) English curse words since I was quite young. However, using them was not acceptable in my family or with anyone my parents allowed me to associate. Needless to say, I rarely use profanity, even as an adult (and I've added a couple of other languages to my curse word vocabulary) and would NEVER have used it in front of my parents.

Jun 14, 2016 9:43 AM in response to m_litt

Apple does not create the emoji. They just provide support for the emoji that are created by the consortium. You would need to ask them about changes. As stated earlier, you can only turn the keyboard on or off. There is no ability to modify individually. Apple did not choose to adopt profanity.

YOu you are not speaking to Apple here. This is a user to user support forum. Feedback to Apple goes to their feedback page, http://www.apple.com/feedback

Delete Emoji

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.