Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reply and Forward not working in Mail

Since installing El Capitan earlier today (10/23/15), whenever I try to reply to or forward an email, Mail crashes. It seems to receive and send just fine. I think I hate El Capitan. Any thoughts? My only complaint ever with Apple is my mail situation; it has never worked well - ever - on any Mac. Thanks.

Posted on Oct 23, 2015 2:48 PM

18 replies

Nov 24, 2015 7:07 PM in response to johnswimer

Hi here is some other useful info for mail. You may have to reinter all the mail settings in mail preferences. Be advise that you mail login is stored in the keychain folder in utilities. If the two don't march you cannot send mail. If you are not sure which port you should be using your internet provider can tell you which one. https://support.apple.com/kb/PH22275?locale=en_US

Nov 25, 2015 8:53 AM in response to johnswimer

Hi. In looking around I find no links to a problem of mail just quitting when trying to reply in mail. Do you get a mail unexpectedly quit popup? You might find something helpful in you crash logs. The other thing you could try is to go to your home folder/library/preferences/Com.Apple.Mail and Com.Apple.Mail Service Agent and delete them. The preference files will recreate as soon as you restart and go to mail.

Reply and Forward not working in Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.