Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

magic trackpad 2 gestures not working

Just added Magic Trackpad 2 (new) to my Macbook (new, 12 inc). The device is connected. But none of the gestures such as scroll with 2 fingers are working.

I have the OS X Yosemite.

I have tried the following:

• disconnecting and reconnecting the Trackpad 2
  • restarting my computer

MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2015), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Oct 23, 2015 3:59 PM

8 replies

Dec 29, 2015 11:00 AM in response to TimB21

Also running into this issue with El Capitan, ironically on an iMac which came with the Magic Trackpad 2 and new keyboard. In my case both work fine if they are plugged in via lightning cable, but if they are just wireless the trackpad 2 will not recognize gestures and the keyboard special function keys are not recognized. However while booted to Windows 10 on the same machine both work fine.

Reinstalling El Capitan does not resolve the issue and the same symptoms are present in another user account. Weird stuff.

Jan 24, 2016 1:37 PM in response to anshublog

Try going to your Accessibility preference panel, scroll down (using a mouse) and select "Mouse & Trackpad" in the left hand pane, click the button that sez "Trackpad Options" to display…trackpad options. The first of the two options there needs to be checked so that scrolling works. This may be a bug introduced awhile back—I noticed this when a new install on my MBP 2011 laptop that had had this problem suddenly was working again. Fortunately, I had made a backup clone of the old system so I booted up under the old system, found that the boxes here were unchecked and checked them—hurrah, went back to using the old system from which I am typing to you know and scrolling away in delight!

magic trackpad 2 gestures not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.