Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Password on Mac Book Pro won't work. Reset it with I Phone. New password works on phone and I Pad.

PPassword on Mac Book Pro does not work. Reset it with I Phone. New password works on phone and I Pad.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 9

Posted on Oct 23, 2015 4:40 PM

2 replies

Oct 23, 2015 6:45 PM in response to John A Bracey

I am having the same problem. I can access my iCloud account at appleID.apple.com, from my iPhone & iPad, but on my MacBook, the apps keep coming back saying that something is wrong with my AppleID and it wants me to re-enter the appleID password. So iMessages, apple mail, calendar, contacts -- none of them can connect to iCloud now.

I talked to Apple Support - first person couldn't figure out. Second person said there is a problem with the iCloud Server communicating with the desktop apps -- so should use the browser versions of the apps for the next week or so and wait for a patch. I can call in late next week for an update but there is no public update.
Not good... I hope this was misinformation and not true. If so, this is a BIG pain....

Password on Mac Book Pro won't work. Reset it with I Phone. New password works on phone and I Pad.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.