Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ethernet connection is Green in network settings but no connectivity

Hello All,

I've run into some difficulty with my older MacPro

2 x 2.66 Dual Core Xeon

12 GB DDR2

Running 10.7.5 Lion

Software and configuration have not changed in a long time, at this point it's basically just a storage facility for my music and movies.

It is currently plugged into a time capsule as it's source of internet, and the time capsule is plugged into a ubee modem (Yes I've tried plugging it directly into the ubee with no results). It has no airport card, but I changed the ethernet cords to new ones to be on the safe side, did a PRAM restart, and even plugged in my MacBook Pro to the same ethernet, whilst disabling its airport, to check if it worked and it did. It's odd because it seems to show some connectivity, i.e. it let me update my iturnes and printer firmware in the system preferences but I cannot access the net through mail, the iTunes store nor a browser. At this point I am at a loss. I thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

-AJ

Posted on Oct 23, 2015 9:04 PM

16 replies

Oct 24, 2015 5:12 PM in response to ActionJackson8

Start up in Recovery mode. In the OS X Utilities screen, select Get Help Online. A clean copy of Safari will launch. No plugins, such as Flash, will be available. While in Recovery, you'll have no access to your saved bookmarks or passwords, so make a note of those before you begin, if they're needed for the test.

Test. After testing, restart as usual and post the results.

Ethernet connection is Green in network settings but no connectivity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.