Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 9.1 and Loss of Search Function in Contacts

I upgraded my iPad Air to 9.1 today and now I cannot search my contacts. Every search says that no records are found.

I can do a spotlight search and it will find a contact.

But if I go to the contacts and do a search from there, no records found.

How do I report this to Apple?

Posted on Oct 23, 2015 9:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2015 11:46 PM

Use the link below.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/

16 replies

Oct 31, 2015 8:59 AM in response to cole thompson

I've been encountering this problem since I performed the upgrade as well. I have restarted (typically a couple times a week). I also discovered that toggling the contacts off, and back on would "fix" the issue. Unfortunately, the "fix" doesn't hold on my iPhone 6. It will work for that use, but I have to toggle 2-3 times a day (basically every time I go to make a call and want to use the search function instead of scrolling through 400+ contacts).

I don't want to Show all Contacts because I don't want wee through my Facebook contacts all the time. I don't really know that Showing all contacts is any more permanent a fix than toggling my primary address book off/on.

Do we think there is an update forthcoming to address this?

Dec 7, 2015 1:18 AM in response to cole thompson

The issue keeps returning ... its extreemly anoying ... usually it re-occurs in accordance with Murphy's laws in the most unconvenient moment again

anyway ... compete reset of settigs has not helped permanently and the show-all-contacts on and off or contact groups opening closing too ... it alway solves the issue only temporarily -sometimes for few hours, sometimes for a day or two. found no key for reappearance :/

Jan 13, 2016 8:27 AM in response to cole thompson

I am having the same problem, but none of the solutions suggested here had any effect on the search function. The search function works fine on my iPhone 6S, but not on my 4th gen iPad, even though the settings are the same on both. The contacts sync correctly, changing a contact on my iPad immediately changes the contact on my iPhone, but search is only working on the iPhone.

iOS 9.1 and Loss of Search Function in Contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.