Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I recently updated to OS El Capitan Ver 10:11:1 and now find when I use Boot Camp to start my Windows partition (Windows 7) the Apple wireless keyboard is no longer detected in Windows. The mouse is recognised.

I recently updated to OS El Capitan Ver 10:11:1 and now find when I use Boot Camp to start my Windows partition (Windows 7) the Apple wireless keyboard is no longer detected in Windows. The mouse is recognised.

My computer is an iMac just over 4 years old and I'm using the original Bootcamp that came with the computer.

Any suggestions?

I can get around the problem by using a USB receiver for a Windows wireless keyboard, but would prefer the old original equipment which has worked fine until now.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Oct 23, 2015 9:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2015 3:53 PM

Does the keyboard work properly on the OS X side? Can you check for Apple drivers in Windows Control Panel -> Device Manager -> HID Devices?

6 replies

Oct 24, 2015 11:47 PM in response to Loner T

Thanks for the suggestions but it is getting more complicated than I need.

It has occurred to me that the problem may not have been the OS - I had a new power unit installed last week and that may be the cause of the problem.

Since I can easily use a Windows wireless keyboard with its USB receiver, and I only use Windows for Flight Simulator, I might as well do that. The windows keyboard is actually better for FS.

Nov 24, 2015 5:28 AM in response to rogerfromcampbelltown

Had a lot of difficulty getting my wireless keyboard to work with Win 10 in Boot Camp. Eventually found that different Apple wireless keyboards work differently.

I have two Apple wireless keyboards : A1314 with 2 batteries and A1255 with 3 batteries. My A1314 was connected to my old iMac but trying to connect the A1255 to my MacMini was not possible. Swapped them over and boom the MacMini (in win10 Boot Camp ) picked up the A1314 immediately. This was after 3 hours of trying to back date the keyboard driver file from Boot Camp 6 to Boot Camp 5.

Cheers

Bob

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.