Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Capture Video on PowerMacintosh 8500/120

Hi! a friend of mine has a Powermacintosh 8500/120 and I saw he has a fre rca terminals behind.I saw in everymac.com that the 8500 video capture card, I told him that would be nice to transfer some vhs but I dont know wich softwhere to use. Can you help me with that? wich softehere is available for Mac OS8 or OS 9.1?

Thanks in advance

Other OS

Posted on Oct 24, 2015 4:09 AM

2 replies

Oct 24, 2015 10:55 AM in response to Carloselvis

There was a program that was included with A/V models for the amusement of doing small-scale video editing, but it was primitive and produced a video file that played in a window the size of an early cell phone's display. It was never intended for serious projects. In reality, a Power Mac 8500/120, with its ancient hardware and 604 processor card, doesn't have the processing power to digitize analog VHS video, imported via the RCA jack on the rear. To accomplish what you want to do, you'd need to be using a fast G4 (at a minimum), a G5, or preferably an Intel processor-based Mac. I only used the RCA inputs on those models for importing audio from a tape deck.

Capture Video on PowerMacintosh 8500/120

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.