Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music will not play song because not connected to the internet

Since a couple of days I cannot play Apple Music anymore on my MacBook. I can add new music and make it available offline. When I try to play it I get a pop-up stating I cannot play the song because I am not connected to the internet even though I have a working internet connection.

I upgraded to all the latest software versions. I repeated the trick that solved my Apple Music issue last time

1) Log out of iTunes (Account > Sign Out)

2) Quit iTunes

3) Launch iTunes. Re-login to iTunes by going to the For You tab and logging in through Apple Music.

But unfortunately I am still experiencing the same problem.

Suggestions anybody?

Best regards,

Johan

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Oct 24, 2015 6:37 AM

5 replies

Oct 25, 2015 11:29 AM in response to Andrei Butilca

I was able to solve the problem through the suggestion under "Apple Music stopped working on my Mac":

Log out of your Apple ID and Log in again. This makes all Apple Music disappear.

I selected another artist and added this to my music. You get the question to merge with your existing music collection on iCloud. Yes.

Wait until iCloud ahs finished. That solved it for me.

I hope this was the last time I had to solve a problem with Apple Music. Third time in one month 😟.

Apple Music will not play song because not connected to the internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.