Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won't my iPod 5 won't update to iOS 9.1? Every time I try, it says "Unable to check for update." Please help!

So I love realized a couple days ago that Apple has released an iOS 9.1 update with new emojis. All my friends have been oohing and aweing over the new emojis. I've tried going to SettingsUser uploaded file > General > Software Update, but then it says "Checking for Update," as usual. But after a minute or so, a bubble shows up with the words "Unable to Check for Update." Below that, it says "An error occurred while checking for a software update." my iPod touch 5 is up to the latest update (the one before iOS 9.1, I think maybe iOS 9.0.2?). Anyway, I've tried several times, and it keeps on showing up with the same thing. The options you can press are "Download" and "Cancel." Cancel takes you back to the General page, and all download does is loads for a minute and then shows the same old bubble again.

Why can I not update my iPod 5 to iOS 9.1? please help!

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 24, 2015 8:16 AM

2 replies

Oct 24, 2015 8:59 AM in response to HeyINeedHelp102938

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Power off and then back on your router

.- Reset network settings: Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings. You will have rejoin all wifi networks and re-pair Bluetooth devices

- Try when connected to another network

- Connect to computer and update via iTunes

Why won't my iPod 5 won't update to iOS 9.1? Every time I try, it says "Unable to check for update." Please help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.