Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since I have updated to iOS 9.1, my keyboard is lagging and sluggish. It takes several seconds to switch back and forth from emojis to texting. I have tried several things. Any suggestions??

I have an iPhone 6 and recently (yesterday morning) upgraded to iOS 9.1. My keyboard is seriously lagging and slow in messaging. If I switch between using an emoji back to texting, several seconds go by before it finally switches over. And it takes it a couple of seconds to send, after I hit send. I've tried several different things, after googling. First, I tried deleting the emojis and reinstalling them and deleting that keyboard and then adding it back. I went into settings, general, accessibility, increase contrast, reduce transparency (toggled to on). I've tried going into settings, general, accessibility, reduce motion (toggled to on). I've tried turning off the siri suggestions under spotlight search. And just now this evening as a last resort, I erased the entire contents on my phone and restored it from a backup. And still...it did not work! It's is so slow with the keyboard and messaging. I've even tried a different emoji app thinking that might be it, but no. It's not. Please, HELP!!! 😢 😢 those emojis took like 20 seconds to type 😐

iPhone 6, iOS 9.1, null

Posted on Oct 24, 2015 2:40 PM

3 replies

Since I have updated to iOS 9.1, my keyboard is lagging and sluggish. It takes several seconds to switch back and forth from emojis to texting. I have tried several things. Any suggestions??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.