Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my video upload to youtube blurry?

I have made a video in Final Cut Pro X. It looks amazing on my laptop- so much detail and sharpness, however once I upload it to youtube it goes blurry. I was told by fellow youtubers that the reason for this in my previous videos was because I was editing with iMovie, clearly not as I am still having the same problem.

The original video is an .m4v 405.9 MB 1920 × 1080

I reduced the file size in quicktime to 299.4 MB 1280 × 720 (it saved as a quicktime movie, I'm not sure what type of file that is but there is no option to change the file type in quicktime) This also has exactly the same detail and sharpness as the original video, however when uploaded to youtube, its blurry again and also youtube converts it to 360p automatically. Does anyone know why this is?

I also tried to convert my video to 480p however this ruined the quality completely even before upload so scrapped this plan.

I have no idea what to do, I have read and attempted so many tutorials over the past few months to fix this problem and none of them have worked. If anyone can shed some light on my problem please help!

I film my videos on a Canon G7X if that is of any help!

Thanks!!

MacBook Pro

Posted on Oct 24, 2015 2:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2015 3:48 PM

You Tube (and Vimeo) recompress whatever we upload. Giving the video sites more information in our files increases the odds that we'll get a good results – albeit with a longer upload time. Try the standard Share>You Tube share option without re-sozing your video. (It's a pretty high bit rate/) If that doesn't work, see if you can upload a short section of your video to a file sharing service so we can download and test first hand.

Russ

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 24, 2015 3:48 PM in response to iamkayla

You Tube (and Vimeo) recompress whatever we upload. Giving the video sites more information in our files increases the odds that we'll get a good results – albeit with a longer upload time. Try the standard Share>You Tube share option without re-sozing your video. (It's a pretty high bit rate/) If that doesn't work, see if you can upload a short section of your video to a file sharing service so we can download and test first hand.

Russ

Oct 24, 2015 9:23 PM in response to iamkayla

sounds a bit silly - but give YT some time.

I'm uploading frequently 1080 stuff - looks well… after some time.

afaik, YT converts any upload to at last 16 different versions, resolutions, formats, for use on antique 160pix/12fps 3gp phones up to 4k in all its shiny glory ... 😝

wait an hour (!!) after uploading a longer video; and switch the YT player from auto to 1080p, to be sure they offer you the max.....

Why does my video upload to youtube blurry?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.