Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to fix iTunes not syncing?

SO I'm on iTunes 11.4 / OS X 10.6.8. That's all up to date ( using an old Mac mini). I'm trying to sync music, movies and tv shows between my apple devices. First I attempted to sync a few movies to my iPad 1st gen 64gb 5.1.1 but the sync bar loads super fast and does not copy a thing over to my iPad. I restored it to brand new and tried again. Nothing worked so I gave up. next I tried to sync some TV shows to my iPad 2nd gen 16gb 8.4. Same results from before just a fast loading bar and nothing being copied over. Now Im trying to sync music to my iPhone 5c 16gb 8.3 and I'm getting the same results. Now music, movies or TV shows just don't copy over to either of my devices. my apple devices are pretty much useless to me right now besides my phone since I can call or text but that's basically it. I need a real solution. so far I've did these things to fix it and I got no luck:

1. Restarted itunes

2. Restarted my computer

3. Restarted my devices

4. unchecked and checked "sync music" (etc) box per device

5.changed USB ports

6. Used a different sync cable (MFI certified)

7. Switched back and forth between iTunes wifi sync

8. de-authorized and authorized my computer

9. Signed out of iTunes from devices and computer.

There has here heas been other solutions for other people such as disable iTunes Match, or iCloud music but I don't have those options as I'm still on iOS 8 for two of the devices. I know that updating my iPad 2 and iPhone 5c won't help since it's not working with the first gen iPad And I don't won't to move to iOS 9 until Apple has squashed all the bugs. I've never ever had any real problems like this with any apple devices before but now everything is so complicated now and nothing seems to work for me so I might just switch all my devices to android. Unless there is a solution for this.

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 25, 2015 3:52 AM

1 reply

How to fix iTunes not syncing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.