Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad mini stuck on the apple start up screen

I have an I Pad mini first gen which is on 8.3. I want to sell my I Pad so I went to the erase from the settings. The I Pad restarted, and then it showed the little loading bar. It loaded about 10% of it then it vanished. It’s stuck on the black apple screen. I have tried holding the power button and the home button but the same thing happens. I tried connecting it to iTunes but the I Pad doesn’t show up on it. What can I do?

iPad Mini, iOS 8.3

Posted on Oct 25, 2015 5:11 AM

2 replies

Oct 25, 2015 6:43 AM in response to xADZx

Hi

You need to turn off find my ipad before you can Erace .

Just do this

Turn OFF iPad

Connect lead to USB on your PC

Press & hold power button down on iPad Don't let go

Connect lead to iPad keep power button pressed down

Until PC sees ipad wait for restore .

You may need to do this more than once.

To get ready for sale go to find my ipad and turn off

Then restore iPad back to factory settings .

Then its ready for new user to set up.

Cheers

Brian ( uk)

Nov 3, 2015 9:52 AM in response to xADZx

Mine did the same. To get it recognised by itunes try this:

1. Press & keep pressed just the home button & attach to itunes via usb & keep the home button pressed till Itunes recognises then the ipad, should take atleast 15 seconds.

if this doesnt work then connect the ipad first to itunes via usb then press & hold just the home button till itunes reacts to your ipad.

Ipad mini stuck on the apple start up screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.