Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will the iPod nano work with hearing aid via Bluetooth in the same manner as the iPod touch?

I Would like to purchase an iPod for my mother who lives music but is hearing impaired and has early onset dementia. My mother is getting new hearing aids and I have read about the ability on the iPod touch to select hearing aid from the Bluetooth menu which will allow the sound be received directly in the hearing aids. I am seeking the simplest device and I fact the iPod shuffle is probably best suited for someone with progressive cognitive decline. Does the iPod nano have the hearing aid/Bluetooth functionality or is the iPod touch with its added complexity the only option?

iMac (Flat Panel), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 25, 2015 12:02 PM

1 reply

Oct 25, 2015 12:19 PM in response to Lynda24

To use made for iPhone hearing aids you need an iOS device. The iPod nano and shuffle do not run iOS. You will need an ipad, iphone, or an iPod touch running iOS7 or later. See this link for more information about the compatible devices and requirements: Use Made for iPhone hearing aids - Apple Support and http://www.apple.com/accessibility/ios/hearing-aids/

If you decide to go for the iPod touch there are also somethings that you can do to make the device supplier for you mom to use.

1. Reduce the motion under acessibility (if that would be beneficial)
  2. If she will just be using music place all the other apps in a folder and drag them to another page
  3. If she will only use music consider setting up guided access: Use Guided Access with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Will the iPod nano work with hearing aid via Bluetooth in the same manner as the iPod touch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.