Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i want to use my Mac G5 Power PC OSX 10.5.8 to upload my film ( im a filmaker) to icloud. The file is too large for a thumb drive (28 GB)

My ( NON intel ) G5 is the computer i made my feature length film on 5 years ago and fimnally finished it.

WHY can't i use icloud with this computer. ?

Sorry i cant afford to upgrade right now. 😟The file is too large for a thumb drive and i cant get it to upload with Google drive either. I cant use a fat 32 external drive either the file is 28 GB. I REA

Posted on Oct 25, 2015 4:10 PM

1 reply

Oct 25, 2015 4:17 PM in response to camsterr

The minimum requirement for iCloud is OSX 10.7.5 (Lion) with later versions preferred. As you have a PPC (non-Intel) computer you cannot upgrade even that far and will not be able to access iCloud. There are other 'cloud' services available but it's very probable that you won't get them to work with an old computer. Why use a FAT32 external drive? You may be able to use a Mac-formatted disk (you should be able to reformat a drvie in Disk Utility).

i want to use my Mac G5 Power PC OSX 10.5.8 to upload my film ( im a filmaker) to icloud. The file is too large for a thumb drive (28 GB)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.