Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activity problem since clocks went back

Has anyone noticed a problem with Activity on Apple Watch since the clocks went back in the uk?

"Stand" has been an hour ahead all day and since 11pm the app crashed every time I tried to open it.

Restarting the watch hasn't fixed the problem.

Anyone know how to sort it?

Tia.

Apple Watch, iOS 9.1

Posted on Oct 25, 2015 5:02 PM

14 replies

Oct 26, 2015 11:30 PM in response to Cheevas

Restart both, phone and watch. It will bring back data in Activity on the phone. It requires a while to sync after restarting (for current day mainly). However it is very big bug in software.

BTW: Using iPhone with Watch is the same (or worse) experience like using Windows 98: you have to restart Watch every two days, and iPhone - at least - once a week.

Nov 2, 2015 8:07 PM in response to nancy508

There's no way to fix this right now other than restoring your iPhone to clear the activity data which of course, defeats the object as there'll be no data to access. It's a bug that causes data corruption with DST changes, surprising it made it into Watch OS 2.0.1 being it's so obvious, but it has been filed with the Watch OS team and hopefully the fix will be implemented in Watch OS 2.0.2 or later, or iOS 9.2 depending on where the bug lies.

Nov 3, 2015 2:01 AM in response to Cheevas

Same thing happening to me. November 1st crashes the activity app. Worse though, it seems to have corrupted the data for that day. I previously had a streak of achieving my move goal going back to the first day the watch was available, but now the move ring on 11/1 no longer closes. This is particularly infuriating because I rant the New York City Marathon that day. I met my goal 5 times over. So now because of yet another daylight saving time error, not only is my perfect streak broken, but my activity data from the marathon is also inaccessible.

Activity problem since clocks went back

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.