Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Touch ID won't work.

Why is it when I go to Touch ID and I try to re-set up an ID it changes immediately to "Failed Unable to complete Touch ID setup". I never even get the chance to try to enrol my fingerprint although I had like four prints added and it stopped before ios9 then never started working again.

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.1

Posted on Oct 25, 2015 6:37 PM

5 replies

Oct 26, 2015 6:23 PM in response to gail from maine

I Had replaced several screens before and happened to bust mine so I ordered a screen and replaced it myself. I had done others and they work fine and mine worked fine after words up until the update. ive considered ordering a new home button. The button works all but the touch id. When I try to re-enroll my fingerprints it says they failed. I'm somewhat tech savy with iphones and usually don't have any problems fixing them but this has stumped me.

Oct 29, 2015 4:25 PM in response to GtG1ne

Try a reset first: Hold down the Home and Power buttons at the same time and continue to hold them down until the Apple appears (up to 30 seconds). Once the reset is complete, the Slide to Unlock screen will display. See if you can register your Touch ID.

If you still cannot set up the Touch ID, try these troubleshooting steps under the "Get Help With Touch ID" section:

Use Touch ID on iPhone and iPad - Apple Support

If you still cannot set it up, take it to an Apple Store to have it looked at.

Cheers,

GB

Touch ID won't work.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.