Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

forgot my security questions

i forgot my security questions and don't have a rescue email but is there any way to reset them online without calling apple support up?

Posted on Oct 26, 2015 2:14 AM

1 reply

Oct 27, 2015 12:51 PM in response to katyfromtelford

Howdy Katy,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

If I understand correctly, you want to know if there's a way to reset the answers to your Apple ID security questions without contacting Apple Support because you don't have a rescue email address setup. The article below outlines all of the available options for resetting your Apple ID security questions, including when you may have to contact Apple Support to resolve the Apple ID issue.

If you forgot the answers to your Apple ID security questions - Apple Support

If you can't reset your security questions

If you couldn't send a reset email, don't have a rescue email address, or can't access email at your rescue email address, contact Apple Support. Apple may ask you to generate a temporary support PIN to verify your identity. After you reset your security questions, you might want to update your rescue email address.

If you have trouble remembering your security questions, you might want to set up two-step verification. With two-step verification, you don't need security questions to secure your account or verify your identity.

If you answer your security questions incorrectly too many times in a row, you'll be temporarily unable to access your account, but you can try to reset your questions after the waiting period ends.

Take care.

forgot my security questions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.