Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Car Bluetooth not working with iOS 9.1

I drive a Skoda Octavia (2012) with Bolero radio and bluetooth. since upgrading to iOS 9.1 it connects to the car bluetooth but when a phone call is received no audio is routed through the car, nor can the caller hear me. It also prevents me bluetoothing music the radio too. Tried forgetting the deVice, resetting all settings and pairing again... Nothing works. I've been forced to do downgrade to 9.0.2 in order to fix the problem. Any solution or update to fix these issues?

iPhone 6, iOS 9.1

Posted on Oct 26, 2015 5:21 AM

8 replies

Nov 12, 2015 11:45 AM in response to britishbronco

I too am having BT issues with after the update. I drive a Toyota (it has been more reliable than my iPhone ;-] )

I was running iOS 8.x.x and upgraded to iOS 9.1. I was actually forced to upgrade because my phone was not booting up but that is a different story.

I used to be able to lock my phone and still listen to music or videos while the phone is locked. But after the 9.1 update it no longer works (well it works sometimes, so it is random). I keep hitting play on my car's screen but nothing. I don't want to keep my phone's screen on during my long commute.

The only way that I fix it is by restarting the phone, then I have to manually pair the phone (Settings > Bluetooth) to the car.

Hopefully, Apple iOS team can get this fixed in the next update.

Nov 13, 2015 5:35 AM in response to speedra995

Hi all,

It seems to be a device owners highest task to solve problems distributed by the vendor or producer. I do have a 6S, a BMW 520 AND A BIG PROBLEM. BMW supports only up to 9.0.1 and as I have read this in solving bluetooth problems I have had already iOS 9.1. Apple allows with its error code 3194 no downgrade to a working iOS and BMW can't help cause of a non supported iOS ... I have to contact apple but apple don't care about it. Maybe iOS 9.2 will help. So I am using real expensive stuff WITHOUT any help.

In my car the first bluetooth connection has been established and works fine for about 4minutes. Then connection was lost. after halb a minute second connections establishes and stops once again after a few seconds, also with the third connection but in this case with a very high frequent noise and than activates the radio. Then switched back to external device via bluetooth then pair establishes a fourth connection which works fine as long as the car drives.

Here is my advice to all of you: Only if we write as much as we can about it something like a solution will maybe take place because of only solving the most common problems.

I therefore appreaciate your help.

Stefan

Nov 23, 2015 7:41 AM in response to britishbronco

Well after a week of trying everthing including disconnecting car battery, AND having spent nearly 2 hours at the Apple store (goes through what's on internet, then says call manufacturer!), we nearly gave up.

At home whilst discussing the issue, my son who used to work in mobile stores in his University days overhears and pipes up " why don't you change the settings in accessibilty to Bluetooth headset?" Now everthing works great.

So the settings are - General>Accessibilty>Car Audio Routing and select "Bluetooth Headset" instead of of the default Automatic.

Looks like there is a bug in the Automatic setting.

Nov 25, 2015 3:49 AM in response to britishbronco

Hi dipys100,

many many thanks for posting that real good solution. It helps me out so that I now still can enjoy my music on my BMW F11 - 520d.

IN the many weeks ongoing try to solve that problem, BMW wants me in the end to fully program all control devices without giving warranty to that this task would help.

BUt you and your solution helped. Please enjoy that special the next days and I wish you all the best.

THanks

Regards

CHekker13

Dec 2, 2015 12:49 PM in response to dipys100

Thank you for posting this solution. I drive a 2013 Honda Civic and never had an issue with Handsfree until I downloaded OS 9.1 on iphone 6. I spent 2 days with Apple Care and they finally gave up telling me it was a hardware issue and made an appointment for me at the Apple store. I decided to put on my detective hat and search community reports.

What worked for me was to go into settings > accessibility > Call Audio Routing > and change from Automatic to Speaker.

Why didn't the Applecare Techs know about this solution? So far all is working, both phone and music. I didn't try Maps yet. Fingers crossed. I do see that iTunes music starts automatically when I get in the car. ??? So that's also new since OS 9.1.

Thanks again everyone.

happyappleagain!

Car Bluetooth not working with iOS 9.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.