Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch calls me wrong name

When my Apple Watch gives me notifications it often calls me "Aga". My name is Tim. I worked at Apple for a couple years in Marcom and had a co-worker named Aga...

Can't think of why this is happening other than possibly bug/coding error. Anyone else experience something like this?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Oct 26, 2015 5:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2017 8:57 AM

Ok the actual answer to this is the "Nick name" you have in your contract card for your self.

Click on contacts.

Look at the top and you will see your full name (mine also has my profile pic)

Edit your own contact

In mine it had a "Nick name" field and that what was getting passed to my fitness tracker etc and i get getting..

"Well done Alice" which is my daughters name! No idea how that happened.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2017 8:57 AM in response to Ursus Major

Ok the actual answer to this is the "Nick name" you have in your contract card for your self.

Click on contacts.

Look at the top and you will see your full name (mine also has my profile pic)

Edit your own contact

In mine it had a "Nick name" field and that what was getting passed to my fitness tracker etc and i get getting..

"Well done Alice" which is my daughters name! No idea how that happened.

Oct 27, 2015 2:09 AM in response to Ursus Major

Hi Tim - try these steps:

On your iPhone, in the Contacts app: check that your contact card contains your name, Apple ID email address and phone number. Remove anyone else's information that may appear there (other than as a Related Name).

On your iPhone: go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > in the Contacts section, check that My Info is using your contact card.

On your iPhone: go to Settings > General > Siri > My Info - check that your contact card is selected.

On your iPhone, in the Watch app: go to My Watch > General > About > Name - check and, if required, edit the name of your watch.

On your watch or iPhone: ask Siri "what is my name?"

After making any corrections as required, on your iPhone, in the Watch app:

- Go to: My Watch > General > Reset > tap on Reset Sync Data.

- Nothing will seem to happen, but the process will run in the background / invisibly to the user, so allow a minute or so.

It may then also help to restart both your iPhone and your watch. Turn both devices off first, then restart your iPhone before restarting your watch:

- To turn your watch off: press and hold the side button until you see the Power Off slider; drag the slider to turn off.

- To turn it back on: press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo.

Apple Watch calls me wrong name

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.