Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I fix the sync error -54 on itunes

I Just got a new iPhone 6s and I'm trying to set it up with iTunes and get some ringtones. But for some reason iTunes won't sync to it and says error code (-54) every time... But it'll backup my phone. I'm running Windows 10 and everything is updated. I still don't get it...

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.1

Posted on Oct 26, 2015 7:37 PM

3 replies

Oct 27, 2015 12:35 AM in response to MotherWulf

To those who were unable to resolve this issue, please follow the steps suggested on this article.

Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 - Apple Support

Don't get confused if the article subject does not include Windows 10. This was created way back before when Vista was first launched but this is applicable to Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 OS.

Please be reminded to read the article very clearly since the uninstallation of iTunes and its related components should be "in order". Failure to do so will lead to possible errors and/or issues. 🙂

Feb 3, 2016 4:23 AM in response to Poppiitaliano

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert to an older version or want to try theiTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release as a workaround for performance issues or compatibility with third party software.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there also links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

When you decide to upgrade to Windows 10 deauthorize iTunes before you start and reauthorize afterwards, otherwise you may lose track of one of your authorizations.

tt2

How do I fix the sync error -54 on itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.