Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Move email alias to different iCloud account?

Hello all! Quick question... I have two iCloud accounts. One for personal use, one for business use. I currently have an alias (example: alias@icloud.com) attached to my personal account that I would like to move to my business account. It's an iCloud address (not a @me.com or @mac.com). Is this possible... and if so... how? Can I delete the alias from my personal account and then simply create it in my business account?

Any info would be appreciated!

Posted on Oct 26, 2015 10:08 PM

6 replies

Oct 28, 2015 8:50 AM in response to Matt13

Hi Matt13,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities! With regard to iCloud email aliases, they are tied to the original account that created them and can't be deleted and recreated or transferred, as noted in the following article:

Notes:

• If you had more than three aliases when you moved your MobileMe account to iCloud, you can keep those aliases until you delete an alias. If your total number of email aliases in iCloud is more than three and you delete an alias, you will not be able to create a new alias to replace the deleted alias.
  • Aliases are not transferable. Only the iCloud account that created the alias can use the alias.
  • If you delete an @mac.com or @me.com email alias, you cannot add it back to your account. For more information, see iCloud: About your @icloud.com, @me.com, and @mac.com email addresses.

iCloud: About email aliases - Apple Support

Regards

May 27, 2016 11:29 AM in response to brenden dv

This is an unacceptable response. This needs to be fixed.

Here's why: we, along with most likely millions of your customers, created aliases for our children when wee were unable to get them their own apple ID. Now with family sharing they have their own Apple ID, and would prefer to control access to their email.

You can either figure out a way to make this happen, or have happen what happened in our household: they all got gmail addresses.

Move email alias to different iCloud account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.