Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can's sign in to Appstore - This action could not be completed

After i updated OSX 10.11.1 my Appstore and my iTunes can't sign in and i don't know what's the problem. I try to access and it appear message "This action could be completed. Try again". I try to sign in my icloud on my MBP17" but is doesn't work, But when i access by my iPhone is work normally . Now i have serious problem with my icloud mail, Appstore and iTunes can anyone know how to solve this problem. Thank You.

Did apple server have some maintenance?

<Image Edited by Host to Remove Personal Information>

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1), null

Posted on Oct 27, 2015 12:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2015 11:30 PM

After i try to figure out now i found the solution

Open your Terminal and put this command

sudo mkdir -p /Users/Shared

sudo chown root:wheel /Users/Shared

sudo chmod -R 1777 /Users/Shared

After i put this everything works normally

You can read more here http://www.cnet.com/news/itunes-crashing-with-access-privileges-error-in-10-6-7/

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2015 11:30 PM in response to BliztTC

You can read more here http://www.cnet.com/news/itunes-crashing-with-access-privileges-error-in-10-6-7/

Nov 15, 2015 2:48 AM in response to vbjelak

Re: Can's sign in to Appstore - This action could not be completed

Feb 29, 2016 10:19 AM in response to sandipnirmal

That CNET article above seems to be dealing with a totally different problem. It's talking about iTunes crashing. This thread was about not being able to sign into iTunes/icloud and getting the error message "this action can not be completed."

I am having the same problem. I can log in on my iPhone fine. But not on my Macbook Pro. I made a second admin account and I am able to log on there but when I go back to my old act it still gives the same error. "this action can not be completed."

If i put in the wrong PW on purpose it says "Either your apple ID or pw are incorrect"

Has anyone fixed this issue?

Can's sign in to Appstore - This action could not be completed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.