Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change App Store country/region to US without payment information?

I want to change my country/region from Croatia to US. I've removed payment information about my Croatian credit card info, and when I try to change to US I don't have option NONE as payment info. I have monthly subscription to iCloud.

I've tried to change it only from my iPhone.

Is there any chance of switching country/region to US without payment info or this is past?

Thank You.

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.1

Posted on Oct 27, 2015 1:58 AM

7 replies

Oct 27, 2015 2:20 AM in response to VedranMilicevic

If you want to buy from the app store or iTunes in any country you must be

a, Physically resident there and have a formal billing address in that country,

b, Have an acceptable card (See edit payment info for that country) supported by a bank of that country.

Once you change, your Croation purchases will not be updateable and some iTunes purchases may be lost, depending on things like coptright etc. This is Apple's document.

Why can’t I select None when I edit my Apple ID payment information? - Apple Support

Oct 27, 2015 3:31 AM in response to VedranMilicevic

a, You can browse freely once you are there. But to obtain freebies you will have to establish a 'none' option per the link I gave you. The reason is because Apple needs to know you have a right to download from the App Store and it registers the product to you for updates etc.

b, Not sure. Never had to do it. Gift cards or vouchers would be one way.

c, No, but if it ever becomes necessary to update it, you will not be able to do that.

Oct 27, 2015 5:36 AM in response to VedranMilicevic

When you've entered your US payment details (e.g. credit card issued by a US bank) you should get the 'none option - the page that you posted from, and which seventy one has linked to, includes :

When you change the country or region of an existing Apple ID, you must provide a payment method and update your billing options. If you want to remove your payment method after you change the country or region, you can change your payment information to None.

You have to be in the US to download anything from the US store (you can browse the store, but not download), including free items - being in a country is part of the store's terms e.g. for the US store :

The iTunes Service is available to you only in the United States, its territories, and possessions. You agree not to use or attempt to use the iTunes Service from outside these locations. Apple may use technologies to verify your compliance.

Change App Store country/region to US without payment information?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.