Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Last backup could not be completed" iPhone 6s Plus

I have one backup that completed on my iPhone 6s Plus. Since then, every time I check to see if the phone backed up, I see the message "Last backup could not be completed". The other devices I own do not have this problem. They are backing up to iCloud just fine.

All my devices are up-to-date with the latest version iOS 9.1.

Any suggestions as to how to get the backups working again?

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 27, 2015 3:56 AM

2 replies

Oct 28, 2015 2:32 PM in response to Ocalamarilyn

Hi Ocalamarilyn,

I see that you are experiencing an issue with your backup to your iPhone. Here is an article with some troubleshooting steps for you to try that may help you affect this issue:

Get help backing up your device in iCloud - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203516

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Have a good one!

Nov 27, 2015 8:05 AM in response to Ocalamarilyn

I tried the above links and they didn't help. What I finally did to get this working was I went to Settings -> iCloud -> Backups, then selected my iPhone backup and deleted it (which also turns off backups to iCloud). Then reset my phone (hold down the home button and power button for about 5 seconds until the screen goes black, then release them and the phone will restart. Nothing is lost by doing this). Then went back to Settings -> iCloud -> Backups to turn backups back on. Then did Backup Now and it worked!

BTW: Since you are going to delete your iCloud backup, I'd advise plugging your phone into the computer, going into iTunes and doing a manual backup to your computer just so you have a backup available during this process.

"Last backup could not be completed" iPhone 6s Plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.