Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes and IOS 9 - Why no more highlight of term searched in Notes app? This was really useful to find search term in long notes

Notes and IOS 9 - Why no more highlight of term searched in Notes? This was really useful to find search term in long notes. Anybody know a way to fix this?

iPhone 6, iOS 9.1

Posted on Oct 27, 2015 8:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2015 8:37 AM

When I do a search - it does highlight the term in yellow

Do it from the main listing - not from within the note

(1053)

5 replies

Oct 27, 2015 8:45 AM in response to ManSinha

Hi - when I search from the main listing in the Notes app, the list of results shows the highlighted term. But when I go to the specific note, it opens up to the beginning of the the note instead of going straight to the part of the note where the term appears- and it doesn't highlight the searched term within the note anymore. So for the notes that are very long I have to scroll down and search for the term manually. Is there someway to get this feature back? Changing the settings? I wan't to go back to previous IOS!

Apr 10, 2016 8:08 AM in response to CyberValen

Here it is April 2016 and still no fix by Apple. I have an iPhone 5 with iOS 9.3.1 and I have had the same problem since upgrading from iOS 7 last year. Apple's Notes app and everything else was working just fine so I held off upgrading the iOS. Then I had to replace the iPhone battery and the Apple Store had me upgrade to the latest iOS after inspecting the phone first before replacing the battery. Reviewing and editing my long notes used to be easy. I've been hoping enough users have complained about this problem to get Apple's attention to fix it.

Notes and IOS 9 - Why no more highlight of term searched in Notes app? This was really useful to find search term in long notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.