Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help: Can't Access Thumb Drive File After El Capitan Upgrade

Didn't have this problem before.....so I put it to compatibility issues with the new OS El Capitan update. Use to be that i insert the thumb drive, click & open up the window; click on file, type in the password & I'll be able to access it.

Now when i click on the file, the pop-up msg appears:-

This version Pop of SanDisk SecureAccess™ V2.0 requires a SanDisk USB Flash Drive.

Please insert one and try again

Specs for Thumb Drive:-

Sandisk Cruzer U USB Flash Drive/32GB/USB2.0

Grateful for any advice rendered. Thanks

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Oct 27, 2015 7:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 2:08 AM

I had the same problem! Go to the link below and re-install secure access V2 to your Sandisk Thumb drive. I've copy and pasted in the information below as well s the link. I did not need to upgrade to 3.0 to access my files again.

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17504

--------

Migrating from SecureAccess 2.0 to SecureAccess 3.0 on a Mac

How do I transfer the data from SecureAccess 2.0 to SecureAccess 3.0?

SecureAccess 3.0 is a fully redesigned password protection and data encryption application which uses a new encryption engine. There is no direct upgrade installation available. You will need to migrate to the new SecureAccess V3 by performing the following steps:

1. Launch SecureAccess V2 and copy all the data from the Vault to your computer hard drive or another flash drive.
  2. Delete the SecureAccess V2 Vault and Application files.
  3. Install SecureAccess V3 and create a new Vault
  4. Copy all your data back into the new Vault

Notice: The link above provides a Mac OS 10.11 El Capitan compatible SecureAccess V2.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2015 2:08 AM in response to GMJSCM

I had the same problem! Go to the link below and re-install secure access V2 to your Sandisk Thumb drive. I've copy and pasted in the information below as well s the link. I did not need to upgrade to 3.0 to access my files again.

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17504

--------

Migrating from SecureAccess 2.0 to SecureAccess 3.0 on a Mac

How do I transfer the data from SecureAccess 2.0 to SecureAccess 3.0?

SecureAccess 3.0 is a fully redesigned password protection and data encryption application which uses a new encryption engine. There is no direct upgrade installation available. You will need to migrate to the new SecureAccess V3 by performing the following steps:

1. Launch SecureAccess V2 and copy all the data from the Vault to your computer hard drive or another flash drive.
  2. Delete the SecureAccess V2 Vault and Application files.
  3. Install SecureAccess V3 and create a new Vault
  4. Copy all your data back into the new Vault

Notice: The link above provides a Mac OS 10.11 El Capitan compatible SecureAccess V2.

Help: Can't Access Thumb Drive File After El Capitan Upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.