Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Searching in Contacts yields "No Results"

Ever since the new upgrade to iOS 9.1, I can no longer search in my contacts. No matter what name I try, it says "no results" even though I am looking at the name right on my screen. Anyone else having this issue?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Oct 27, 2015 10:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2015 10:09 AM

It took me a while to find this post, but I am glad I did. I finally feel relieved that it is probably NOT some setting change that I inadvertently made. I began looking in the forum because my contact searches (whether in Contacts or Phone) were not finding contacts that I knew were there - regardless of which part of the name I would search. before I found this post I kept seeing posts about sync issues in IOS 9 for people using Google Contacts (That's me.) Now I see that my sync'ing is not working well either. The iPhone doesn't receive changes and iPhone changes don't go to Google. And Manual Sync doesn't work. Seems like a lot got broken in this area with IOS 9.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2015 10:09 AM in response to momdec23

It took me a while to find this post, but I am glad I did. I finally feel relieved that it is probably NOT some setting change that I inadvertently made. I began looking in the forum because my contact searches (whether in Contacts or Phone) were not finding contacts that I knew were there - regardless of which part of the name I would search. before I found this post I kept seeing posts about sync issues in IOS 9 for people using Google Contacts (That's me.) Now I see that my sync'ing is not working well either. The iPhone doesn't receive changes and iPhone changes don't go to Google. And Manual Sync doesn't work. Seems like a lot got broken in this area with IOS 9.

Nov 4, 2015 10:17 AM in response to momdec23

After checking all my settings, prompted by several posts, my contacts seem to be sync'ing OK and my search is finding all that it should again. I must have fixed my problem somewhere in settings, but then since my syncing is set to update every hour, I just did not wait long enough. I understand manual update doesn't work. So, I'm happy again and don't want to tinker any more. I'm not enough of an expert to help you. Don't forget to go to Google's help and search for IOS 9. They have several articles too. As a last resort you could delete your Google account(s) on the iPhone, then follow Google's latest recommendations for setting up Gmail, contacts, etc. on an iPhone. I know that's what I did years ago when I set this up.

Searching in Contacts yields "No Results"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.