Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Group texting with an android user

Me and 3 friends group text a lot. 2 of them are iphone users and 1 is android. this past sunday, i was no longer receiving group text from them.. One of the iphone users texted me individually and asked why i wasn't replying to the group. All i could see in the group was my texts. I first tried to delete the conversation and start a new one. Nothing. Tried to reset network settings and check my message settings. iMessage, sms, and group messaging are all on. All message settings were correct. Tried restarting phone and even upgraded from ios 8 to 9. Still nothing. I can group text the two iphone users, but if the android user is included I can only see what I say. I can text the android user individually just find. I have a 6 with AT&T. They could not provide any assistance and pointed me here. Could anyone provide any suggestions to correct this issue?

iPhone 6, iOS 9.1

Posted on Oct 27, 2015 12:31 PM

9 replies

Oct 27, 2015 1:43 PM in response to jmh7337

jmh7337 wrote:

not exactly sure what that means, but I've been doing it for as long as i've had an iphone for about 4 years now

on your phone settings - message - MMS message - on or off - green is on.

Multiple Media Service is a carrier feature - this allows you to send pictures/videos. You need to be provisioned by your phone carrier to use MMS.

Group texting with an android user

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.