Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6s Plus dead pixel (black dots)

Hello guys,

I am a iPhone 6s owner and I have dead pixels in the left upper corner on the phone (below signal bars). It's very annoying and looks like display quality is not good. Lucky I am I mention this in first 2 weeks after purchase so Apple Store give me a replacement, but I checked the screen after activation at Apple store and it's look good. After week of normal usage (web browsing, playing games, reading books, email and listening the music) I found again one dead pixel, at the end of the second week it's more as with the first iPhone. I am thinking it's because this new display technology with 3D touch. I wanna go to the Apple store to change again, but I am afraid it a common issue for new 6S iPhone's. This black dots especially annoying on the white screen while browsing or looking on the pictures. Of course iPhones were not damaged or dropped or something else. Is anyone else has mention the same problem?

User uploaded file

iOS 9.1

Posted on Oct 27, 2015 12:15 PM

9 replies

Mar 10, 2017 12:25 AM in response to Andrey S

Dear all, I'm an iPhone 6s user. Bought in February 2016. Last 3 months ago, I noticed my phone had small dark pixel on upper left corner. I try to make a screenshot but when I checked the photo, the dark pixel is disappeared. It seems my iPhone is totally okay. The dark pixel is so distressing, it makes my phone kind of weird and ugly. Please do help us!

Oct 27, 2015 12:30 PM in response to carl wolf

Thanks, I know that and I did. The reason why I started this discussion is twice I got the phone with the same problem which appears in the first two weeks at the same place. I bet another new phone I will get for replacement could have possibility to have the same issue. That's why I am asking other owner to check their phones ans share the info.

Nov 16, 2015 8:54 PM in response to Andrey S

actually i had. i replace 10 iPhones and 5 of them was dead pixels and backlight and others just have backlight problem. my serials numbers starts from c39. and that was sad everytime when i try to get new one and was same problems. and i was at lot of stores and everywhere was the same problem. and i tried even 2 just 6s and backlight problem too. and i make refund. coz tired to find good one for 900$ it's unbelievable quality. and that sad a lot of people have same issue. and demo iPhones at applestore have the same. and apple didn't do anything with that. i want iPhone but i can't accept this quality. sad.

iPhone 6s Plus dead pixel (black dots)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.