Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to share photo library on internal HD with photo app?

I just updated to the photo app from iPhoto. Library is in users-shared-photo library on internal HD. Works fine on my user account but get error "An error occurred while repairing permissions - Photos was unable to repair permissions on your library." How can I share the photo library among the users accounts from internal HD? Do I move it out of "shared users"? to where?

iMac Late 2013

running Yosemite 10.10.5

iMac

Posted on Oct 27, 2015 12:36 PM

2 replies

Oct 27, 2015 12:44 PM in response to MansionsAbove

It does not work in a shared folder. Move the library to an external drive or a different partition of your internal drive. It needs to be an external drive or a separate portion, so you can enable the "Ignore Ownership on this volume" flag to avoid permission issues.

The procedure has been described for iPhoto in this document, see this link: iPhoto: Sharing libraries among multiple users

It should work as well for Photos libraries, at least, when I tested it, I could open the Photos Library from different user accounts.

How to share photo library on internal HD with photo app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.