Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod detected but not identified

Okay so what happened was: I begrudgingly updated iTunes recently to version 12.3.1.23 and all of a sudden it won't recognize my iPod nano (gen 7). Zero problems before, big problems now. The only change was the iTunes update, I'm thinking it might have something to do with updating to Windows 10 inbetween iTunes updates? The iPod works fine, but the weird quirk is that when I plug it in, Windows initially recognizes it, pops up a window showing files and I can see the iPod drive when I look at the "My PC" window. BUT, once iTunes opens, all of that disappears, the ipod stops charging, etc. It's like iTunes somehow rejects the ipod from my computer, it's so weird. So clearly the issue is with the iTunes update. I have uninstalled iTunes and my iPod shows up and charges normally. The issue reemerges when I reinstall iTunes. I've tried a lot of the steps already suggested in forums, any clues?

iPod nano (7th generation), Windows 10

Posted on Oct 28, 2015 11:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2015 2:00 PM

The reply to this post fixed it for me

Re: Ipod not recognised on iTunes/driver error

1 reply

Ipod detected but not identified

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.