Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple music keeps stopping

My Apple music for the past few weeks has been a total disaster, I can not play any music for any more than 4 or 5 minutes without it stopping and then starting again about 5 minutes later or when it feels like it. This happens on my Mac, late 2012, El Capitan, also on my iPad Air and my iPhone 6. This happens with any thing on Apple music, radio, playlists, for you and so on. The only way I can listen to my music is if I download each and every track to my music.

I don't mind paying for a service but quite clearly, I am not getting one worth the £14.99 a month.

Apple, please sort this out and refund my money until what you are giving as a service actually works!!!

A very loyal but frustrated Apple user, Jim.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Oct 28, 2015 1:15 PM

11 replies

Oct 29, 2015 8:07 AM in response to Jptphotography

Yes, to be honest I have already downgraded my Apple Music subscription to the basic £9.99 for now (I did have a family sub), and have gone back to trusty Spotify. Spotify has never once let me down with poor streaming or buffering, and so far every track I've searched for, it has had! It's playlists are getting better all the time too. Perhaps Apple should stick to what their good at, great devices, rather than try to monopolise the music streaming market 😁

Oct 30, 2015 1:53 AM in response to CherryBen

I loved Apple Music when it first came out and signed up on the eve first day. However, I cannot put up with the constant stopping in midstream any longer. I have both Yosemite and El Capitan on separate machines so it is not a software issue. I will keep my subscription and wait to see if they fix the problem but until then I am going back to Spotify and Amazon.

Oct 31, 2015 4:24 AM in response to Jptphotography

This is happening to me also, but it doesn't happen mid-song. Upon a song finishing, the next one simply refuses to play - the bar stays blue and everything just stops and you can't get the song to start. Happening on both iPhone and Mac both on latest software. It blows my mind that Apple can't get a simple streaming service working reliably, especially now we are all paying for the privilege. The fact that they never acknowledge any of these problems speaks volumes too.

Nov 1, 2015 4:17 AM in response to Jptphotography

Exact same issue here, and I've had this problem for a couple of weeks now.

Restarting iTunes seems to solve this, but the problem is back shortly after. Also have problems with songs lagging, and to start a song or album takes up to 30 sec. sometimes. Connected to a fast and stable 300 Mbps fiber-optic line.

Apr 20, 2016 7:20 PM in response to willdrotar

turn off ALL notifications or just the one for iTunes??

I am having the same issues of music pausing and disconnecting the airport express' that are connected to iMac running 10.11.4 and iTunes 12.3.3.17

Spent a lot of money on speakers, AE's and Sony Airplay speakers...... now it hardly works, cuts out constantly and thinking of switching to the big speaker name Sonos that is linked to Apple Music now..... but who knows if that will work...... don't feel like spending $2000 or more and find out it only partially functions due to a glitch with Apple.

FIX IT or at least give us a work-around APPLE.

S

apple music keeps stopping

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.