Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro Retina 13 2015 can't wake from sleep.

I've installed and been running Windows 10 trial version on my MacBook Pro retina, and for the first week it has been running fine with no issues. Then suddenly, I can't wake the computer from sleep. This happens every time I close the lid or even just let the display go to sleep (I have computer sleep set to never), and I know that the problem isn't Windows 10 because I was running the exact same version on my MacBook Air 1.7GHz 2011 and had no problem whatsoever. Anyway, whenever I open the computer or press any key to wake it from sleep, the backlight for the display and the force touch click turns on, but just shows a black screen. My computer is a MacBook Pro 13" Retina 256GB SSD 8GB ram Core i5-5257U @ 2.7 GHz. I think the problem are the bootcamp support drivers, but I could be wrong. Any help would be useful, as it isn't ideal to have to turn the computer off whenever I want to close the lid.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1), Fully Updated Win10(as of 29/10/15)

Posted on Oct 28, 2015 5:57 PM

3 replies

Macbook Pro Retina 13 2015 can't wake from sleep.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.