Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem Sending Photos via email from Laptop

I can not send photos via email after installing El Capitan on my Mac Book. The drop down shows only photo sharing

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Oct 28, 2015 6:58 PM

7 replies

Oct 30, 2015 7:15 AM in response to gastonlecrayon

Hi gastonlecrayon,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! I'm sorry to hear you are having these issues with Photos in El Capitan. I'm sure we can help figure this out, but we may need a bit more information on what exactly you are seeing. If you select a photo in Photos and go to the Sharing menu (File > Share), what options does it give you? Similarly, if you right click/control-click on a photo, what options does that Share menu give? Do you see an option that says More... ?

Thanks

Oct 30, 2015 9:33 AM in response to brenden dv

Thanks so much, Brenden. Leonie also responded and I replied to her message as well. The "General" tab in Mail is set as she has cut and pasted. Yes, when I hit the third tab at the top of "Photos", all of the possible choices come up "except" email. I worked for 2 hours yesterday with a rep from Apple Support and she was not able to get mail to show either. When I right click on a photo it gives me the "same options" I have when I press the third tab at top. Yes, I do have the choice of selecting "more". When I select "more", the "share" option is highlighted on the "left" side and I have four (4) options on the right side. They are "reminders, notes, twitter & messages". Once again, no option is available for "email".

The Apple Rep was supposed to call me back this morning after reinstalling El Capitan last night but I have yet to hear from her. The reinstall produced the exact some results as the first installation.

Oct 30, 2015 4:35 PM in response to gastonlecrayon

We've been cross posting. 😁 I see you already answered my question. I cannot edit my post. The forum software is behaving strangely today.

If you open the System Preferences > Extensions, then select "Share" in the left column of the panel, does Mail show on the list and is it enabled?

User uploaded file

If Mail is missing from that menu, restart your Mac, if you do not have done so.

If it remains missing, see this document: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203129

Follow these steps if the issue occured immediately after upgrading to Yosemite or El Capitan.

1. Open the Terminal app, which is in the Utilities folder of your Applications folder.
  2. Type this command in Terminal:

/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LaunchSe rvices.framework/Versions/A/Support/lsregister -kill -seed

1. Press Return and wait for the Terminal prompt—which ends in $—to reappear. It may take a few minutes.
  2. Quit Terminal.

You should now see the expected Share User uploaded file and Markup features. If not, go to Apple menu > System Preferences, click Extensions, and make sure that the Markup and sharing features are turned on in the Actions and Share Menu sections.

If another user account on your Mac has the same issue, log in to that account and repeat these steps.

The terminal command needs to go into a single line - with no line breaks

Oct 30, 2015 4:40 PM in response to léonie

Thank you so much, Leonie. I finally had to get an Apple Care Rep in Indiana on the phone last night and we re-installed the OSX. However, this morning she tried all the recommendations you made (I showed her yours and Brenden's posts). It still would not work so a Senior Rep was put on the phone with me and two hours later, after running a first aid on my Mac Book, it was fixed. If I live to be 100 I could never have figured this out. The Rep told me they have been having some problems but not as bad as mine.

Thanks so much to both of you as your comments on this forum were very helpful to me. I will use it again should I have any questions about my Mac.

Problem Sending Photos via email from Laptop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.