Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when i search for a contact in my contact list nothing turns up, but its there in my list

When i seach for an existing contact in my list, nothing shows up in the search. its really annoying when you want to call someone

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.1

Posted on Oct 28, 2015 7:53 PM

1 reply

Nov 30, 2015 11:49 AM in response to sajump

I'm having this exact same issue. I have 1200 contacts on my phone and when I click on Contacts and try to search for one of them, nothing comes up. In order to make your contact list "searchable" again:

- Go into Contacts

- Click on Groups on the top left hand corner

- Click on Done on the top right hand corner

- Then you can search

When you go back to the home screen, you have to do this again if you want to search for a new contact. This process is extremely annoying! I have called Apple Customer Support for this issue and was told that Apple is aware of the problem and they are hoping that it gets fixed in the next update whenever that is. I really hope that it does as it's extremely annoying.

Anyone else having this issue?

when i search for a contact in my contact list nothing turns up, but its there in my list

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.