Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomeKit iCloud Data Syncing…

I’ve done everything I possibly can think of to get my HomeKit enabled devices/apps (Phillips Hue and Elgato Eve and the app Home which is like a HomeKit control center) to work but nothing is working. I’ve done all the recommended things that I’ve found around the internet (signing out of iCloud and signing back in, disabling and re-enabling keychain, reset HomeKit under Privacy->HomeKit settings and I’ve factory reset all my HomeKit devices multiple times).

The same thing happens every time. When everything has been reset and I’ve signed out of iCloud, I add the devices and everything seems to be working as it should. As soon as I sign back into iCloud I can no longer do things like add rooms, or add new devices, or make changes. Anytime I try to do anything I get the “iCloud data sync” message suggesting that some type of sync is going on and when it's done everything will work... well, it's never done apparently.

Does anyone have any other great ideas?

HomeKit seems to be a truly colossal failure at this point. Hopefully that will change soon.

And what's the deal with there not even being a HomeKit category on the community forum... they care that little about HomeKit?

Posted on Oct 28, 2015 11:46 PM

5 replies

Nov 6, 2015 11:07 AM in response to 1957Goldtop

had the exact same issues since day one. And believe me, I tried EVERYTHING ever suggested. Even after numerous HomeKit resets and signing in and out of things, what finally worked for ME was ----- 1-Resetting all devices to factory 2- resetting HomeKit configuration in iOS settings 3 -deleting every HomeKit related app 4- sign out of everywhere you are signed in with iCloud. including any other iPads, iPhones, iPods, Apple TV. Etc. I even went to iCloud.com and clicked sign out of everywhere. 5- I then picked an app that supports all HomeKit devices. - I used IDevices Connected app- 6- do not download each products own app, IDevices app finds, pairs, and sets up your HomeKit without the need of the products own app. For ex. Instead of downloading Lutrons app, I found Lutrons smart bridge 2 within IDevices app, I scanned the code, and set all products up in IDevices. There were one or two products that needed their own app but I don't remember which ones. Since I did that, any and all of my devices are accessible remotely and even work for fluently with Siri. And I had MAJOR issues with HomeKit and this seemed to work for me. I even got the new Apple TV and just set it up like normal, and my HomeKit is still working flawless. Hope this works for you and anyone else having any HomeKit issue. Good luck.

Nov 30, 2015 12:54 AM in response to 1957Goldtop

I am suffering the Sync Error as well. I have reset my entire HomeKit config countless times and keep ending at the same spot. I can configure all devices and everything works with Siri. As soon as I log in with iCloud my HomeKit starts throwing the 77 Sync Error. All apps are affected.

I went through this once before and was able to login to iCloud after waiting overnight with no devices logged in.

I am going to try that again but this is very frustrating.

I had the entire HomeKit (20 lights, ecobee3, iSwitches) working with Siri through the Apple TV 3rd Gen. It was awesome but only lasted a day... The problem really appears to be with the iCloud accounts.

Nov 30, 2015 8:29 AM in response to 1957Goldtop

OK, so I waited overnight and logged in with my Apple ID this morning. As I suspected, my HomeKit is now locked up with the HMerrorDomain 77 or iCloud Data Sync Error. I am unable to activate Remote Access or make ANY changes to the HomeKit config. Also it appears my ecobee3 has stopped talking to Siri. I can still control the Hue system with Siri but the thermostat is not being found. All devices work in their respective apps. Elagato Eve is showing the HomeKit hierarchy intact still.

I guess I'll wait and see what happens. I reprogrammed the entire HomeKit setup several times yesterday and can't go through it again.

Does anyone know if this Data Sync Error eventually clears? I have waited several days to no avail...

Any help would be appreciated, I've invested a lot in this system... It's great when it is working (without iCloud) but I need to be logged into iCloud for other tasks.

HomeKit iCloud Data Syncing…

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.