Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

UK Bank Holidays iCal Error

Not sure how to report and have corrected the current error on UK Bank Holidays iCal which states that Boxing Day is observed on 25/12/15 when, in fact, it is observed on 28/12/15.

MacBook Air, Operating 10.10

Posted on Oct 29, 2015 1:21 AM

14 replies

Oct 29, 2015 4:29 AM in response to stressmanatme

I can confirm that the calendar https://p01-calendars.icloud.com/holidays/gb_en-gb.ics does incorrectly show Boxing Day (Observed) as 25th, and Boxing Day as 26th.

The fact it is an iCloud URL implies Apple are providing it.

I can also say that the following UK holiday calendar does not have this problem webcal://ical.mac.com/ical/UK32Holidays.ics

Oct 29, 2015 4:47 AM in response to John Lockwood

Thank you all for so much support.

So, at this stage, I'm wondering how we contact Apple to get these errors (Boxing Day and 2nd Jan holiday) changed. Or do you think that Apple thinks itself so infallible, that it has no system for being told it is sometimes just wrong?

I do get the feeling that Apple struggle with the notion that some people outside California don't do everything they do in California! For example, apparently - according to this page - I am saving this at 4.46AM - despite the fact that I live on Greenwich (or Universal as they like to call it) time and it is 11.46.

Funny how they just don't really get global stuff.

Mar 15, 2016 11:35 AM in response to geoffshep

geoffshep wrote:

Same here - why is Trooping the Colour on a Tuesday? (Shown as 14 June 2016 - actually 11 June)

Apple seem to have 'fixed' this issue by no longer automatically adding a UK holiday calendar. The UK holiday calendar they formerly added still has these errors. However as per my previous message here Re: UK Bank Holidays iCal Error if you use the following alternative UK holiday calendar then it shows the correct entries.

webcal://ical.mac.com/ical/UK32Holidays.ics

(This still works despite the mac.com domain.)

Mar 16, 2016 8:40 AM in response to geoffshep

geoffshep wrote:

I Have that installed, as well as the standard Apple one and they are both on the wrong day.

Yep your right. Other entries in the one I suggested are more accurate than the original Apple UK calendar but this one is clearly wrong. All I can suggest is if you can reporting it as a 'bug' or using the feedback page.

As an example, 2015 Christmas dates were more accurate in the one I suggested whereas the original Apple UK holiday calendar had Boxing Day Bank Holiday messed up.

UK Bank Holidays iCal Error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.