Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since the latest iTunes update, I can't sync my iPhone 4s or my IPad to iTunes on my Windows computer. Yes, I am running Windows 10. The only thing that happens when I plug in to the PC is the phone companion comes up from microsoft. Help!

Itunes does not recognize my devices since the latest itunes update. I have Windows 10 and it was previously working fine.

I I have tried to uninstall ITunes and reinstall, and that made no difference. I am upgrading my phone this week and need to make sure I have synced and backed everything up before I trade it in. Help! Seems like others have this same problem but no solid solutions- hope I just missed a recent post.

iPhone 4S, iOS 9.1, Windows 10

Posted on Oct 29, 2015 6:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2015 1:06 PM

This method worked for me a few weeks ago. Maybe it will also work for you:

http://www.technipages.com/itunes-fix-iphone-or-ipod-not-detected-in-windows

9 replies

Dec 31, 2015 4:17 AM in response to 6kapers

This worked for me. I went into the device manager. You should fine apple iPhone under Portable devices. Right click and choose the Update Drive setting. Then choose to Browse the computer. In the window type in C:\Windows.old\Windows\System32. This is the location of the apple driver before the update. It then installed the original driver and worked. Now under USB controllers the Apple mobile device driver shows. I hope this will work for you.

Since the latest iTunes update, I can't sync my iPhone 4s or my IPad to iTunes on my Windows computer. Yes, I am running Windows 10. The only thing that happens when I plug in to the PC is the phone companion comes up from microsoft. Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.