Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 2015 Fan Running Loud - Adobe Premiere Pro CC

I just purchased a 2015 MacBook Pro (15 inch; 2.5GHz Processor; 512 GB Storage -- the $2499 model), and I'm using it for 4K video editing in Adobe Premiere Pro CC. What concerns me is that when I'm running Premiere Pro, the fan seems to be running loud constantly. I was previously running Premiere Pro CC on my 2012 MacBook Pro for 4K video editing, and the fan did not run nearly as much on this laptop. On my 2012 Macbook, the fan would run loud when I was rendering or doing an export, but it was pretty quiet when I was making simple edits. On my new 2015 MacBook Pro, the fan runs loud all the time -- even when I'm playing back sequences or making simple edits without effects.

I ran the diagnostics on my MacBook, and everything came back normal. Has anyone else experienced this with the fan while running Premiere Pro CC? Is this normal, or is my laptop a lemon? It's still protected under warranty, so I want to definitely return it if it's an issue.

Thank you!

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Oct 29, 2015 9:10 AM

6 replies

Nov 6, 2015 12:41 AM in response to OGELTHORPE

My new Macbook Pro as of August 2015 fan runs LOUD for the smallest of tasks. This is my 3rd macbook since 2005 and never experienced a fan this loud, and for simple tasks. Just a 1 minute HD clip export on iMovie makes the fan run loud and annoying. I called Apple Care, and they suggest I mail the computer in to be checked. (I am four hours from the closest Apple Store).

Not sure why they can't answer a simple question of.."Is this normal fan activity for the new MacBook Pro 2015 OS Yosemite 10.10.5?? Is anyone having the same issue? I've done the tests Apple Care suggested over the phone, which shows no problems.

Is there a better version of the MacBook that does not have fan running like this???? Not sure I can take it for the next few years for every task I do.

Thanks for any feedback!!

Nov 6, 2015 12:45 AM in response to solar101

See below!! Exact same problem!!! Trying to figure out how to solve this or if I need to ask Apple which macbook does not do this!! This is brand new like yours, and don't think I can take it!.. Note, when I called Apple care, they blamed it on the 3rd party software Premiere Pro (that I was using too).. so I tested with iMovie !! and also FCX.. both make the fan run loud. My last 2 macbook pros did not make this much noise with Premiere or Final Cut, even when exporting 1 hour HD files.

Jul 2, 2016 8:29 PM in response to solar101

I too am having similar issues with my new MacBook Pro which I've just purchased under a week ago. The fan seems to running very loud when using any Adobe software; it also uses a significant amount of battery usage. I use Adobe Suite on a daily basis and the fan make loud noises for the smallest tasks; my 2012 MacBook Pro barely made any noise at all. Still looking for a solution.

MacBook Pro 2015 Fan Running Loud - Adobe Premiere Pro CC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.