Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After downloading Compressor, I can't select "send to compressor" in Final Cut Pro X

I have Final Cut Pro X installed on my macbook pro. I recently installed Compressor 4. When I try to "send to compressor" in Final Cut Pro X it is grayed out and can't be selected, even if I have Compressor running in the background. How do I fix this? I am running Yosemite 10.10.5, Final Cut Pro X 10.2.2 and Compressor 4.2.1. Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), Final Cut Pro X 10.2.2

Posted on Oct 29, 2015 1:00 PM

8 replies

Oct 29, 2015 2:58 PM in response to Trevor Hughes 2

I think it's more likely than not that it's an FCP X-related problem.

First, it wouldn't hurt to run Repair Permissions in Disk Utility.

Second, clear the Final Cut preferences when you launch (holding down the option and command keys). Try a single test project. If ut doesn't work, try the Compressor Settings share option.

Post back and let us know.

Russ

Oct 29, 2015 3:27 PM in response to Russ H

Yep done all of that and no or yes it work by going through the share. but send to compressor is just the same.

Not working Loading project.

I had sent a FCPX Library to FCP support with a ended clip and it worked for them just fine on there mac so there is ok and then they started talking about Iframe or did I read that some where. any how I have no idea. Am I alone with this problem. clean install of os and programs . ok I am going to bed been at this all day look forward to reading if you have some ideas and thanks for your efforts.

After downloading Compressor, I can't select "send to compressor" in Final Cut Pro X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.