Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

reopening this question: Project won't load in compressor when sent from FCPX???

Hi been with Apple FCP support all day nice guys. but after two un install and re installs of fcpx and compressor and a reinstall of os 10.10.5 fcpx will not send to compressor. Opens up in Compressor and I get Loading project. Yes I know the work around but I like it to work as it should and as it did until it stop working a few months back only now I had time to spend a ful day to get it to work and it's not. Tom are you there or some one please I like to get this working.

Posted on Oct 29, 2015 1:35 PM

11 replies

Oct 31, 2015 6:33 AM in response to Trevor Hughes 2

agreed same here just got back from week of shooting and have to deal with this? Trevor what's the work around?

Update I tried to Add Destination in the FCPx share menu from the presets in Compressor and here is the error message I received

The droplet couldn't be launched: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=4 "The application “Droplet.app” could not be launched because it was not found." UserInfo=0x7b10d2c0 {NSURL=file:///Applications/Compressor.app/Droplet.app/, NSUnderlyingError=0x7b1524b0 "The operation couldn’t be completed. (OSStatus error -43.)", NSLocalizedDescription=The application “Droplet.app” could not be launched because it was not found.}

Oct 31, 2015 8:07 AM in response to Albert Maruggi

Thery are two which do the same but this is best

Make master file and in the setting tab change open in compressor and then save as one would normally. and bingo compressor will start when the file has become a master file. That the way I have to go now.

Pro Team are looking in to it I have done reinstall of OS X FXPx and compressor and it still won't work some thing to do with fcp not send the xml to compressor so they say.

I will know more next week.

Are you having the same problem?

Al the best

Trevor

Oct 31, 2015 8:32 AM in response to Trevor Hughes 2

Yes the same problem and have been trying to avoid the whole uninstall reinstall issue. My previous update above describes the workaround I stumbled upon by adding a new destination in FCPx and using a specific Compressor preset. At first I got an error message described above but in a few minutes the notification appeared that the render was complete, the .MOV file played back fine.

Nov 1, 2015 5:35 AM in response to Albert Maruggi

@Albert & Trevor: What are your system specs?

In reply to similar issues, I've suggested that the issue is FCP X- related, and not Compressor-related. I continue to think that, FWIW, I am running both 10.10 and 10.11 systems and cannot reproduce this behavior.

Create a new user account and run FCP X from that. Create a simple one clip test project in the clean library that opens automatically. See whether the Send to Compressor workflow works properly.

Russ

Nov 1, 2015 6:57 AM in response to Russ H

Hi Russ. Yes I have all ready done that together FCPX team and the same thing happens there.

It's just I enjoyed go to send to compressor. but now going to master file and then that open up in compressor is ok.

I worked well in the pass and then just stopped. And I have done clean reinstalls so now my head hurts 🙂 due to thinking to hard.

I hope Apple get back to me on Monday as they promised as it should work.

Please that you did not get it to work. 🙂

Kind regards

Trevor

Nov 1, 2015 10:46 AM in response to Albert Maruggi

Albert Maruggi wrote:

Russ what will this prove? I am guessing that it will require uninstall and reinstall 10.2.2. version of FPCx?

Actually, if it worked from a new user, a reinstall of the app would not be indicated.

Albert Maruggi wrote:

I do think however that in doing this. FCPx is doing the render instead of Compressor right?

Right. Not to put too fine a point on it, FCP would be using its own embedded copy of Compressor.

Russ

Nov 1, 2015 1:39 PM in response to Russ H

ok so if I was able to Send a file to compressor through FCP by logging on as a new user, (and by new user you mean set up a new user on the system) then what would I have to do import all my libraries to that new user? sorry I'm not sure why I want to do that

second, the logic of purchasing compressor is for more customization of the render and to be able to render one project and still use FCPx without a lag in performance right?

Nov 1, 2015 3:31 PM in response to Russ H

thank God : ) I appreciate the help and just even the answers allow me to learn. It's one of those things I returned from a week of shooting and now have to hustle to get edits done. I'll stay posted to this thread, great answers and we'll see if there is a fix down the road that's a little less cumbersome for me to handle. All the best Russ H, thanks much

reopening this question: Project won't load in compressor when sent from FCPX???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.