Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes store won't load in windows 10

Since this last update iTunes Store only loads the top banner that shows the newest movie adds. all the rest of the page is blank. It acts like it is going to load the whole page then stops and only shows the banner. I have tried loading with antivirus/firewall suspended. As well as uninstalling/ cleaning registry/ then reinstalling to no avail. I'm currently running Windows 10 Pro with Windows Defender and Windows Firewall. My libraries load just fine it's only the store I have problems with.

null-OTHER, Windows 10, iTunes Store

Posted on Oct 29, 2015 9:24 PM

8 replies

Oct 31, 2015 9:02 AM in response to Thomas1016

Hi Thomas1016,

I understand that you may be seeing an issue with your ability to fully load the iTunes Store page in iTunes for Windows. Here is an article that goes over some information that may be helpful in assisting you with this issue:

Windows

If you haven't been able to connect to the iTunes Store for more than a day, find out which ports and servers need to be allowed for iTunes Store access, then try the steps below.

If there's still an issue after you try the steps above, contact your Internet service provider and confirm that these ports and servers are turned on for your network.

The hosts file might also be the cause of the issue. Learn how to reset the hosts file back to default and how to use a FixIt to have Windows reset the hosts defaults for you. Some workplaces might put internal resources in the hosts file that block the iTunes Store. The FixIt doesn't work for Windows 8.

To create a copy of your hosts file and replace it with an empty hosts file, follow the steps below:

1. Navigate to the hosts file at C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC.
  2. Select the hosts file. There should be a duplicate of the hosts file named "Copy of hosts" (Windows XP) or "hosts-copy" (Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8).
  3. Drag the original hosts file to your desktop.
  4. Right-click the duplicate file and choose Open. If you're prompted to choose the program you want to use to open the file, double-click Notepad.
  5. When Notepad opens, choose Edit > Select All.
  6. Choose Edit > Delete.
  7. Choose File > Save.
  8. Close Notepad.
  9. Right-click the duplicate file, and choose Rename from the pop-up menu.
  10. Type hosts, and then press Enter.
  11. Restart your computer.
  12. Try to connect to the iTunes Store.

If you still can't connect to the iTunes Store, your security software or firewall might be blocking the ability of iTunes to communicate with the Internet. Learn how to resolve security software issues.

If you can’t connect to the iTunes Store - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201400

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

Nov 12, 2015 1:03 AM in response to braden85

I have the same problem and I'm running Windows 10. I get the leading promo banner but nothing else. And like the original poster, iTunes store starts to load and you can see it's content for a second, but then it stops and I'm left with a black empty space and the top banner. The suggestion from the kind Apple person above doesn't help - it's not a network issue otherwise we wouldn't get some of the store.

Nov 21, 2015 11:40 PM in response to Thomas1016

I've had the same problem, but found what appears to be the solution at iTunes 12.3.1.23 breaks iTunes store . There seems to be a problem in compatibility between the current version of iTunes and NVIDIA card drivers . If you re-size your page view to make it smaller by about a third, presto... you can see the iTunes Store page properly again. Worked for me, anyhow!

Nov 22, 2015 2:27 AM in response to Thredbochook

yep. I figured that out myself after a while. I was just using my iPhone instead Until I figured it it out. I was even on the phone with apple and they had no idea what I was talking about. Obviously there must be millions of people out there with this issue. I also narrowed it to your resolution as well. If you drop your desktop resolution down to 1920x1080 or less it also fixes the issue. Or if you go to 150% scaling! Hahahaha

iTunes store won't load in windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.