Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is Siri disabled in the new Apple TV (4th Gen) outside US?

I have the new Apple TV (4th Gen). It does have the Siri remote (even though it is advertised as Apple TV Remote here in Singapore). However, when I log in to Singapore Apple ID account, Siri is not available.

After researching, Siri on the new Apple TV currently only available in 8 countries:

• Australia
  • Canada
  • France
  • Germany
  • Japan
  • Spain
  • United Kingdom
  • United States

source: https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/16994

In order to activate Siri, I have to log in using US Apple ID account.

My burning question: iPhones and iPads already support Siri in Singapore. Why does Apple disable Siri in countries which already supports Siri?

Apple TV

Posted on Oct 29, 2015 10:54 PM

17 replies

Feb 10, 2017 1:01 PM in response to Jondor

Same in South Africa

I support Apple all the way but this is so much more disappointing then it seems like

Because I use Siri it so much

I want it Apple!!

Bring Siri To South Africa for apple tv

Or give me the option to at least change my region on ny iTunes and AppStore

APPLE please I'm begging you to give my my money worth

I mean seriously it's a "Siri Remote" let me use it up to its name (I paid for it)

Oct 31, 2015 11:58 PM in response to Jondor

Very disappointing and seemingly senseless as Siri works fine in Singapore on iPhone and iPad.

I have supported apple for years but it is extremely annoying to get dumbed down products because we don't live in specific countries. Will we be allowed to have apple pencils for iPad Pros? Or might apple decide that is not for Singapore as well?

With the non-reflective coating peeling off my MacBook Pro screen and partial functionality of my apple TVs working the shine is starting to wear off Apple.

Apple how about some more loyalty to customers outside the US?

Nov 29, 2015 5:47 PM in response to JohnLanc

Just like Siri on iOS slowly rolled out across regions I expect we see something similar with tvOS...

About Search on your Apple TV (4th generation) - Apple Support

When you look for content with Siri or the Search app, Apple TV checks these content providers, with more coming soon:

• United States: Movies and TV shows in iTunes, HBO GO, HBO NOW, Hulu, Netflix, SHOWTIME, SHOWTIME Anytime
  • Australia, Canada, France, Germany, and United Kingdom: Movies and TV shows available on the iTunes Store and Netflix
  • Other countries and regions: Movies in iTunes

Why is Siri disabled in the new Apple TV (4th Gen) outside US?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.