Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with Touch ID and phone turning on

Hi I've recently updated to IOS 9 and now the touch ID won't work properly and when I go to turn my phone on I have to press down both the home and power buttons to get it to turn on. I have already tried to reset and restore my phone and I don't know what to do, any help would be greatly appreciated.

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.1

Posted on Oct 30, 2015 12:00 AM

1 reply

Oct 31, 2015 11:03 AM in response to Shennae

Hello Shennae,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

From your question, it sounds like you are having to perform a force restart on your iPhone to get it to respond. You also mention that you are doing this to turn on your iPhone.

If your iPhone has actually been powered down by holding the Sleep/Wake button and then sliding to power off, you would not be able to turn it back on by pressing or holding the Home button or by using Touch ID. You would need to press the Sleep/Wake button to power the iPhone back on.

If your iPhone is powering itself down after going to sleep and the only way you have been able to get it to respond is by using a force restart, I would suggest reading over and working through the If your device still won’t turn on or start up section in the following article.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond or won't turn on - Apple Support

Have a great day!

Problems with Touch ID and phone turning on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.