Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4 not showing up in Remote app on iOS

My Apple TV 4 is not showing up in the Remote app on iOS.

Do we have to wait for an update for the Remote app?

I am logged in with the same apple id and Home sharing is one. Apple TV 2 and 3 is working alright.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), Swedish OS

Posted on Oct 30, 2015 7:54 AM

13 replies

Oct 30, 2015 12:31 PM in response to Steve Neal

Oh dear. This has to change. Text input is quite impossible now. Makes the whole global search feature quite not working. In sweden we don't have Siri. IR-remote input is the only option right now if this is true. The remote app is my main remote for the apple tvs. Apple Watch app is the second one use. The physicall remote I almost never use. Apple. Please fix this asap.

Have to file a bug report.

Oct 30, 2015 1:54 PM in response to Andreas Noren

I haven't searched the apple site for confirmation but based my expectations on a review by Verge..

http://www.theverge.com/2015/10/28/9630952/new-apple-tv-4-review

"And the iPhone Remote app doesn’t work with the new Apple TV yet, so you’re stuck either swiping around the onscreen keyboard or digging up a laptop to enter an activation code. It’s frustrating — I found myself reluctant to download new apps because I didn’t really want to log in yet again. If the future of TV is really apps, adding new apps has to be virtually frictionless.

Oct 30, 2015 2:00 PM in response to Andreas Noren

Apple updated their Remote app usage page yesterday to state that the app is NOT compatible with the New Apple TV (4th gen).

MAJOR bummer, and a MAJOR problem for the new Apple TV. All my passwords are random letters, numbers, and symbols, and they are at least 10 characters (created using a password manager app). I refuse to manually type them all in for Apple ID, iCloud, Game Center, Netflix, HBO, Showtime, etc. etc.

It is absolutely mind-boggling that the New Apple TV doesn't support the Remote app OR even Bluetooth keyboards!!!

What were they thinking?!?!😠

Here is the link...

Set up the Remote app for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Apple TV 4 not showing up in Remote app on iOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.