Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to see my password, where can I go to change this setting

Why cant,Isee my password and where do I go to see my password

iWeb '08, Windows XP, LapTop pc Toshiba Win

Posted on Oct 30, 2015 6:44 PM

3 replies

Oct 31, 2015 8:41 AM in response to lisa.N.miller

most passwords are a one-way scrambling (called a hash) of the text password. When you enter you password to authenticate, the same algorithm is used and the resulting scrambled password is compared to the saved scrambled password and if they match, then you are authenticated.

You cannot get this kind of one-way hashed password back. You can ONLY reset it to a new value.

WiFi passwords "ARE" stored in a readable format. You can find those in the Applications -> Utilities -> Keychain Access utility under the name of the WiFi network OR if the WiFi device has a management name, then under that management name will most likely be the admin password for the WiFi device.

Passwords for web sites may also be stored in Keychain Access if you allowed the browser to store the password.

Despite you intentional Windows bias, based on your profile information, if you are asking about a Mac OS X Snow Leopard component or software, it would help if you gave some specific information.

Changing your Appie ID password

<https://appleid.apple.com/>

Changing your OS X Admin password

<Change or reset a user account password on your Mac - Apple Support>

I want to see my password, where can I go to change this setting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.