Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes trailers won't play OS 10.11.1

I tried to watch a movie trailer at work on my macbook pro yesterday. It wouldn't work. Today I tried it at home on my iMac. Doesn't work here either. Both were recently updated to El Crapitan.

I am in Firefox. I suppose I should just try Safari, but it should work in Firefox...

So I click on a trailer. A window pops up that says, "Get quicktime. Download quicktime to view this video." It adds that quicktime is free, and provides a link. I hit the link, which takes me to a page that says: "QuickTime is built into Mac OS X." That's what I thought... It continues, " Use Software Update to keep QuickTime up to date on your Mac."

So I open Software update which tells me everything is up to date.

I just tried it in Chrome and it worked fine. And I guess I could just use that. Or look at trailers elsewhere, but it bugs me.

Ideas?

iMac (21.5-inch Late 2009), OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Oct 30, 2015 7:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2015 2:26 PM

I had the same problem. I found this solution elsewhere in the forums and it worked for me. Firefox now showing trailers.

"... in /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/ there was a folder there marked "disabled plugins" and in it was quicktime plugin. ...

Just take the plugin out of the disabled folder into the "Internet Plug-Ins" folder. "

After I did that I restarted Firefox, it asked me to "Allow" the quicktime plugin. I did, and told it to "Remember", and all worked from then on.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2015 2:26 PM in response to Blatay

I had the same problem. I found this solution elsewhere in the forums and it worked for me. Firefox now showing trailers.

"... in /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/ there was a folder there marked "disabled plugins" and in it was quicktime plugin. ...

Just take the plugin out of the disabled folder into the "Internet Plug-Ins" folder. "

After I did that I restarted Firefox, it asked me to "Allow" the quicktime plugin. I did, and told it to "Remember", and all worked from then on.

iTunes trailers won't play OS 10.11.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.