Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Croosy Road Apple TV 4 Multiplayer Not Working

Hi All. I recently purchased an Apple TV 4. I downloaded "Crossy Road" for it, thinking I could play it with my friends. When I tried to connect, I didn't get a very detailed description. 1. Download Crossy Road on devices. Ok, I just downloaded it on my apple tv, and already had it on my iPhone 6S. I updated to the latest version of iOS (9.1), and the halloween update of Crossy Road. 2. Connect both devices to Wi-Fi. Already done. 3. Play with your friends!! Umm.. How?!? I eventually found out that you unlocked the 2 player option on Apple TV, and found the little "game controller" icon on my iPhone. I was the greeted with and endless cycle of this screen:

User uploaded file

And it never stopped, after searching for 15 minutes.

Does anyone have a fix for this?? Anyone?

Anything Helps, Geotrax.

Apple TV, Other OS, Apple TV 4 with TV OS

Posted on Oct 30, 2015 9:41 PM

16 replies

Oct 31, 2015 10:57 AM in response to Geotrax

From a different site (I believe iMore)

How turn on Crossy Road multiplayer on the Apple TV

1. Open Crossy Road on your TV.
  2. Go to the character picker, then scroll to the far left for multiplayer mode. (You'll need at least one character unlocked to open the character picker; if you don't have any unlocked, just play a solo game or two!)
  3. On your iOS device, download and open Crossy Road, and tap the arrow in the bottom right corner.
  4. Tap the game controller icon.
  5. You should be connected after a few moments; you'll see a P2 or P1 in the top right corner to signify the multiplayer connection.

Make sure both the Apple Tv and the second person's device is on the same WiFi network (SSID) and may even try to have both on the same frequency (2.5 or 5) to see if that helps.

Oct 31, 2015 11:00 AM in response to JMANTN

I did all of that. It just doesn't connect, after trying with multiple devices. (iPad Mini 1 IOS 8, iPhone 6S IOS 9.1, iPhone 6S IOS 9.0.2, and iPhone 5C, IOS 9.1) I have had no luck. Just that annoying endless. "Searching." screen. And yes, they were all connected to my home Wi-Fi. Ugh.

Anything Helps, Geotrax

Oct 31, 2015 11:07 AM in response to Geotrax

IF I may make a suggestion to turn off all devices (router, Apple TV, and whatever device is used for second player) and reboot. It's possible a device is being assigned the same IP.

IVe uve had this happen with older routers before I started assigning each device it's own up within my routers. Very frustrating.

IF that doesn't help then someone else will need to chime in unfortunately

Oct 31, 2015 12:59 PM in response to Protodd

@Moogleii @Protodd

IF restarting fixed your issue then it's highly likely your router isn't handling IP's very well. This issue can happen on almost any router and it's especially a prevalent issue on older routers. What usually works best to avoid this going forward is to assign IP's to each device within your router.

EXample i had a $200 router that was two years old and it wasn't very efficient at dynamically assigning IP's when you had too many devices on your network. Easy fix but tedious was to assign each device a specific IP within the router.

A Way to check is when having a connectivity issue is to check the assigned IP's of all devices. And chances are one is using the same as another.

IN my house we have three computers, two iPhones, two iPads, an iPod, two Apple TV's, A dish Hopper, A PS4, a Smart TV, and a connected Home theater Receiver. If we didn't have assigned IP's even the newest routers could stumble and dual assign the same IP at times.

I Have an Asus RT-AC87U which was over $200 last year and it also had that issue.

Oct 31, 2015 1:05 PM in response to JMANTN

It was the only issue i have experienced with the new ATV. The rest of my network devices continue to work flawlessly. the only issue was trying to use multiplayer on Crossy for the first time. My assumption is if someone comes over they will get a new ip and i will not have to restart the router (Apple Extreme) again...

Croosy Road Apple TV 4 Multiplayer Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.